Class E Fires
Class E fires involve electrical equipment such as heaters and fans, kitchen appliances and electronics and are a common cause of fire within the workplace or home.
A familiar example of a class E fire is due to electrical appliances overheating, faulty heaters or heaters being covered and frayed wiring.
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) fire extinguishers are suitable for use on class B and electrical fires. CO2 fire extinguishers are primarily for use on fires of electrical origin. Being non-toxic and leaving no residue, CO2 will not harm machinery or electrical equipment.